Download A Guide to Computer Network Security by Joseph Migga Kizza (auth.), Joseph Migga Kizza (eds.) PDF
By Joseph Migga Kizza (auth.), Joseph Migga Kizza (eds.)
Contemporary societies have expanding dependence on pcs and computing device networks, and the expanding approval for cellular computing, have given upward push to various machine protection difficulties. but regardless of a excessive proliferation of specialist treatments, a practicable and complete way to those safeguard matters continues to be elusive, and society maintains to endure by the hands of cyber criminals, vandals and hackers.
This authoritative Guide to laptop community safety explores machine community infrastructures and protocol layout defense flaws, and discusses present safeguard options and most sensible practices in either fastened and cellular computing device networks. The booklet widely surveys thought-provoking safety matters, discussing and elevating questions on the effect of latest applied sciences and protocols (with specific emphasis at the fast development and skyrocketing pursuits and use in cellular technologies). It extra explores the protection threats and vulnerabilities within the present community infrastructure and protocols, and descriptions present protection efforts. The textual content assumes a modest familiarity with simple desktop programming and networking.
• Covers the very center of community defense, and contains chapters concerning the very most recent in ‘handling failures’ and ‘security in cellular community systems’
• offers an in-depth dialogue of standardization, back informing the reader on present developments at the topic
• increases expertise of the protection difficulties in our on-line world, and extra relatively, computing device community security
• Discusses laptop community infrastructure and protocol layout flaws and vulnerabilities
• Explores the function of laws and legislation enforcement in keeping desktop and desktop community security
• Proposes effective and commonly appropriate recommendations and most sensible practices to safety difficulties, and encourages readers to enquire different attainable solutions
• indicators the reader to the daunting protection difficulties in more and more renowned cellular community systems
• comprises sorts of end-of-chapter routines: speedy attainable questions, in addition to extra thought-provoking complicated exercises
• Devotes one whole bankruptcy to lab workouts: weekly, semester assignments and tough open-research projects
• Endeavours to exploit open resource software program instruments throughout
• offers help fabrics for teachers and scholars similar to PowerPoint slides, syllabus feedback, strategies, teacher handbook and scholar laboratory materials
This text/reference is a useful tutorial and study software for undergraduates in desktop and data protection. it's also a wealthy source for practitioners, and execs trying to achieve an realizing of laptop community infrastructure and knowledge community security.
Dr Joseph Migga Kizza has additionally written Computer community Security and Ethical and Social concerns within the details Age.
Computer and community Forensics
Network safety Protocols
Security in instant and Sensor Networks
Read or Download A Guide to Computer Network Security PDF
Similar computers books
* a gradual, funny creation to this fearsomely advanced software program that is helping new clients begin growing second and 3D technical drawings instantaneously* Covers the hot positive aspects and improvements within the most recent AutoCAD model and gives assurance of AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD's lower-cost sibling* themes lined contain making a uncomplicated format, utilizing AutoCAD DesignCenter, drawing and modifying, operating with dimensions, plotting, utilizing blocks, including textual content to drawings, and drawing on the web* AutoCAD is the best CAD software program for architects, engineers, and draftspeople who have to create specific 2nd and 3D technical drawings; there are greater than five million registered AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT clients
The Laboratory machine: a pragmatic consultant for Physiologists and Neuroscientists introduces the reader to either the fundamental rules and the particular perform of recording physiological signs utilizing the pc. It describes the elemental operation of the pc, the kinds of transducers used to degree actual amounts reminiscent of temperature and strain, how those signs are amplified and switched over into electronic shape, and the mathematical research suggestions that could then be utilized.
OUTER-ART is an experimental foreign stream, set up by means of the writer, and anxious with non-artistic art-work!
- Artificial intelligence projects for the Commodore 64
- Algorithms and Models for the Web-Graph: 6th International Workshop, WAW 2009, Barcelona, Spain, February 12-13, 2009. Proceedings
- Student Guide 801 2.0
- UbiComp 2004: Ubiquitous Computing: 6th International Conference, Nottingham, UK, September 7-10, 2004. Proceedings
- New Frontiers in Applied Data Mining: PAKDD 2008 International Workshops, Osaka, Japan, May 20-23, 2008. Revised Selected Papers
- Computer-based Medical Guidelines and Protocols: A Primer and Current Trends
Additional info for A Guide to Computer Network Security
2 Wireless Communication Wireless communication and wireless networks have evolved as a result of rapid development in communication technologies, computing, and people’s need for mobility. Wireless networks fall in one of the following three categories depending on distance as follows: • Restricted Proximity Network: This network involves local area networks (LANs) with a mixture of fixed and wireless devices. • Intermediate/Extended Network: This wireless network is actually made up of two fixed LAN components joined together by a wireless component.
1 shows an OSI model consisting of seven layers and the descriptions of the services provided in each layer. In peer-to-peer communication, the two communicating computers can initiate and receive tasks and data. The task and data initiated from each computer starts from the top in the application layer of the protocol stack on each computer. The tasks and data then move down from the top layers until they reach the bottom layer, where they are sent out over the network media from the source system to the destination.
As we have seen previously, token ring technology employs a mechanism that involves passing the token around the network so that all network elements have equal access to it. Whenever a network element wants to transmit, it waits for the token on the ring to make its way to the element’s connection point on the ring. When the token arrives at this point, the element grabs it and changes one bit of the token that becomes the start bit in the data frame the element will be transmitting. The element then inserts data, addressing information and other fields and then releases the payload onto the ring.